Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Happy 3rd Birthday sweet Ashlyn! I can't believe how much you have grown this year. You are growing into a sweet little girl right before my eyes.

You are very independent and know what you want. I see so much of myself in you. You are quiet but a strong spirited girl. You need to observe and take in your surroundings before you feel comfortable. You are shy and take a while to warm up and talk to people. You are very head strong and have the need to do everything yourself. Which often becomes quite the battle during the day since I am also head strong and feel the need to do everything. You are also extremely tender hearted and want to take care of people. You are often concerned if you think someone is sick or hurt. You are such a sweet heart and make mine and Daddy's heart melt!

You can dress yourself and put your shoes and socks on. You are also very opinionated in what you want to wear each day, you have developed quite the style. A style in which I often wince at if you are going to be seen in public that day! You also love to play dress up! It is not an unusual site to see you at the dinner table in a ballerina tutu or princess dress.


You also started using the potty this year. In true Ashlyn fashion you did it by yourself and in your own time. I started the potty training process and after a couple days of sitting on the potty you decided it was for the birds and refused to sit on your potty seat. So, back to diapers we went. Then several weeks later I was in the kitchen washing supper dishes and you came around the corner with the bucket from your potty seat in your hands and a proud grin on your face. I was thrilled to death but wasn't up for the potty training challenge again since Daddy was out of town for work. But the next day you refused to wear your diaper and stayed dry the entire day.


One of the biggest milestones in your life was becoming a big sister. You were so excited to have a baby sister! You would put cheerios in my belly button so your baby could share your snack. One of your favorite things to do was go to my OB appointments and hear your sisters heart beat. You would come home and have Daddy and I play doctor and listen to the baby in your tummy. You are such a sweet big sister and a big helper to Mommy!


Ashlyn, I love you more than you will ever know. I know that God has big plans for your life and I can't wait to see you grow and develop into a wonderful Christian young lady. I will never stop loving you!

No comments: