Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's a GIRL!


We had our ultrasound this morning and found out we are having a girl! We are thrilled! For those of you wondering, no Phillip was not disappointed at all. He loves how girly Ashlyn is and loves to tell her how pretty she is. I'm sure he can't wait for two little girls to run squealing for the door when he gets home from work. He is a little bummed though that he will be mowing the lawn all by himself the rest of his life!
Our ultrasound tech was wonderful! I loved how they had the room set up. They had a second screen in front of my table so I could watch comfortably the whole time. With Ashlyn's ultrasound, the tech had the screen turned while she was doing all her measurements and I only got to see about the last five minutes when they were showing us the gender and this was with my neck turned in an awkward position. She also made a short little DVD for us, which we didn't have with Ashlyn. I am so excited to have that!
Ashlyn was such a good girl. She had to sit and wait a lot today, which is hard for a two year old to do. She was very curious during the ultrasound and was especially concerned about the messy goo they put on my tummy. Phillip told her it was like the jelly she ate on her toast this morning, I'm praying that little comment doesn't come back to haunt me. After the ultrasound we were in the waiting area to see the doctor and Ashlyn laid on the floor, picked up her shirt and said "doctor ook en Ashee's tummy too". She keeps me entertained! I took this picture while we were in the exam room, Ashlyn found a Reader's Digest and plopped herself on the doctor's stool and read through it rather seriously.

3 comments:

Beth Roberts said...

Congrats!!!

And I'm totally impressed that you've already got your "about me" changed to include your two girls!!! You're on top of things!!! :)

Joyce said...

This Nana is excited. I get to keep sewing little girl things and now matching outfits.

Jennifer said...

Yea! Congrats to Phillip, you, Ashlyn and Pirate!